JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

2.21.2006

Side Effects

Well, it's clear that nobody likes a grouchy Leo. I've been requested to snap out of it, but that's easier said than done. I think I'm mildly depressed. Which is so non-Leo. I'm not quite sure why, and I can't afford therapy at the moment, but I already know a few things that would help.

1. Excercise would help
2. Writing more often would help
3. Having my own space would help.
4. Finding smart people to hang out with would help

It's hard to get motivated to excercise. Really hard. But so simple at the same time. That's all me, I'll either do it or I won't. Writing, I'm working on that. I worked on the Girlfriend book yesterday and enjoyed that. Having my own space, we're trying. John bought me a wooden desk off Craigslist for $100. It's cool, but we can't rearrange the bedroom furniture until he's better from being sick and has his strength back. Years ago I swore to myself that I would NEVER have my computer in the same room as my bed, but we're making do with what we have and this will free up my current desk to become a dining room table. And that sounds great. As far as finding smart people to hang out with, that doesn't mean that my current friends are not smart. I'm not saying that. But I'm a dinner party kind of girl who hasn't done that in a long while. I'm craving conversation that doesn't involve Kings being beat by Aces.

I miss going to Mexico for lunch with Jim and Leslie and Rolf, my travel writing friends.
I miss going to Sunday coffee with Sean and Chris, my Bootsnall friends.

The other day one of John's friends asked if I was going to make any girlfriends in LA. I told her quite confidently—No—and she sweetly replied that she'd be my girlfriend. That was really nice, but I'm not sure if it's what I need. I don't know what I need. But I do need to snap out of this ugliness, it's not conducive to being productive and creating Jenopolis.

But don't call me. I don't want to talk to anyone. Maybe I'll be better when I get back from the travel show.

Current: Burbank, California
Next: New York City, NY (Feb 23-27)

4 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 09:47:00 AM, Blogger sarahbellum said...

You know Jen... this is what I love about reading your blog, and what I love about knowing you, and what makes me wish I knew you better.

You have no airs, you know what you want, you know that you can't always snap your fingers and get what you want, but you're constantly pursuing getting there.

Reading your blog gives me new insight to my own issues, so... thank you for that!

 
At 2/21/2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Jen Leo said...

Thanks, Sarah.

But maybe that's the trouble. I'm used to getting what I want in every dept but boys. Now the things I want have nothing to do with other people, and it's all up to me to make happen. Pressure I'm not used to.

That's why I called the post side effects, because being glum is just a tangent in the process of making it happen. I believe in myself and my path 110%, but sometimes it's a curvy road to getting everything I want. But I'll get there, no worries.

Everyone has issues. So, that's cool that you can look at yours with different glasses. And I'm always happy to help. You, my friend, can call me if you want. :-)

 
At 2/21/2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Anytime you're looking for some stimulating conversation ping me or drop me a line... I bet I can hold my own on almost any subject :-)

And if those are your big "problems" right now, I have no doubt you'll be able to snap out of that in no time. Beats some of the more serious things that could be driving you mad!! :-)

 
At 2/21/2006 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Uh-oh...It sounds like a bit of a caged animal syndrome. It's not that you're not happy with where you are, but it's not what you've been used to. You have a boyfriend and so you can't just up and travel like before. Add to that the stress of books and other writing deadlines and the anchor feeling can make you feel like you're never getting anywhere.

I find when it hits me, I take a day to just pamper myself. Take a day -- or even just an afternoon -- and don't worry about any of your deadlines or problems. A good lunch out, a spa treatment [a pedicure is great], and day at the beach or a coastal drive down the PCH might break the mood a bit. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. :)

And if there's anything I can do to help you out, my offer still stands. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->