JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

8.16.2006

There's No Diet in Road Trip

So, you like the food diary, eh? Cool. I didn't want to be like all of those other hot trendy celebrity bloggers with a food blog, but hey, you know how it is. I did ok today. It could've been worse.

Day 2, Jen:
Breakfast: pecan roll, coffee with half and half
Lunch: Thai veggies and rice with soup, half of a bad iced tea
Snack: iced coffee, cookie
Dinner: White wine, oysters in the half shell, salad nicoise
Night time snack: decaf iced latte
After dinner treats: half an Amstel Light, half a capuccino, 1/4 of a slice of cheesecake

Day 2, John:
Breakfast: wheat muffin
Lunch: hot dog at the ball park
Dinner: chips, salsa, cottage & pineapple

Well, now. It seems like someone from Pasadena is being a bit of a show off. Meanwhile I thought it showed considerable restraint for me to only have half of a light beer when I was celebrating a book release with friends I hadn't seen in a year. They were all knocking back Scotch on the rocks and pint size micro size beers, but me, no just a measly little Amstel Light. Ha! Don't buy that for a dollar. I can't have a microbrew beer if Im sharing a hotel room because I'll fart the stinky ones, and I couldn't have proper drinks because I had to stay up and work after the party. But anyway...

I had a wonderful walk in Golden Gate Park and my friend Lynn took me to the new De Young museum. It was a true treat to see San Francisco from a new vantage point (picture here). We walked in the sculpture garden, had a treat in the cafe outside, and even heard some man doing some singing overtones thing that sounded like a Tibetan monk in this art chamber with a huge open skylight. He kind of sounded like a didgeridoo and a baby in a stroller not yet a year old paid little attention to him as she flipped through the pages in her book, occassionally looking up at him with faint interest. It was a true treat to do that with Lynn, have a nice dinner with friends even if I was distracted by the upcoming event, and then of course the event. We had 55 some people and I should really write it up now for Written Road. What a lovely day. Thanks all who came and to those who sent emails wishing me well.

Current: Corte Madera, California (Marin)
Next: here all week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->