JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

8.14.2006

A King Size Bed Bet

CURRENT: PASADENA, CA (today only)
NEXT: SAN FRANCISCO, CA (Tues night-Sun)

$1000 bet.
John and I made a bet today that is going to be fun to follow. First of all, we've both gained 20lbs of happiness since we met eachother, and I've one up'd him by being even 10lbs happier. Neither of us are thrilled with this love weight, and both of us could've used losing a few even before that. So, enough is enough. Our goal is to lose 20lbs each in three months. Nov 15 is the deadline. The first one to 20lbs wins. If that doesn't happen, the person who loses the most by Nov 15, wins. And the loser must put $1000 towards a king sized mattress. It'd be nice if we didn't need the extra room after we lost the weight, but we do. Loser buys the bed--or $1000 of it--no running off to the crappy $400 sale. And, John said that I should blog about it to keep us both accountable.

Home! It's great to be home, but pretty much a tease for me as I'm only doing laundry and the most urgent of tasks before heading up to SF tomorrow. Still, I love our little house. Even if it doesn't have a pool and an overhead flight path.

NEW Poker $$ Goals. The bed bet excited me. And I told John that if I lose, I'm paying it all with poker winnings. I've never been goal oriented with my online poker play, and connecting it to the other bet excites me. So, my goal is to make $25/day by the end of the three months. $2500. And I'm only going to do it with headsup play because that's what I'm best at. I know very well that I can't win every day. So, the procedure will be start off with a $11 heads up SNG, if I win, go up to a $20. If I lose, play another $11. If I win that one, play another. If I lose, stop altogether and wait for tomorrow. If I win the $11 and then win the $20, I stop. Make sense? Don't worry, I'll blog my progress with this, too.

I hope you've had a great summer and that no matter where you live I get to see you soon. Or at least catch up on the phone. Thanks for everything.

# # # #

1 Comments:

At 6/23/2008 09:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two people sleeping in a King size bed will get the same amount of personal sleeping space as in a Twin bed. In fact, if you pushed two Extra-Long Twin beds together they'd be about the same size as an Eastern King. For great versatility in a guest room, if you have the floor space, use 2 extra long twin beds separately for singles or push them together to make a king bed for couples.When buying sheets, you have to be careful to purchase the right size. Flat sheets will fit both sizes of King beds, but fitted sheets are cut to fit one or the other. Before you go shopping for sheets, be sure to measure your bed exactly to be sure to buy the linens that will fit exactly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->