JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

4.22.2006

Working for Six Apart Makes Me Hungry

One of my new gigs, and current deadlines is writing for SixApart, the company that owns blogging software MoveableType, TypePad, and Live Journal. My specific project is to write up brief synopses of featured blogs on TypePad. I love it. Repeat, love it. To sit around and read blogs? Come on, now. It's the best.

At this very minute, I'm reviewing a blog called StickyRice.

Food blogs are, dare I say, a dime a dozen. They're so hot right now. And travel writers take to them especially well. A bunch of my friends have their own food blog. (Tea and Cookies, Mary Ladd's Food Finds, Eating Suburbia, Dirty Sugar Cookies, and someone who I should become friends with—The Traveler's Lunchbox) Not to worry, of all the blogs I am doing and want to do, and as much as I love to eat and talk about what I've been eating, I have zero interest in writing a food blog. Weird, eh?

This one is different. StickyRice is dangerous for me. It makes me want to go to Hanoi just for lunch, a month of lunches. I want to eat Xoi Ga right now so bad I don't know what to do. And then that makes me think, when, how, and who will go with me? John doesn't travel, practically hates it. I don't think he'd even eat at a Vietnamese restaurant here in Pasadena. Maybe. Highly doubtful. So, how will I keep inspirations like these alive? How, when everyone is off doing their own thing, do travel dreams come true? There are a bunch of people I could talk to on the phone about stuff like this, but that doesn't really cut it. Sean P is the only guy in town where we can indulge in talk of at least a few weeks in Hanoi. Maybe even make one realistically happen. At some point. In the next year. But Cuba... But Bali... But...........

Current: Hungry in Pasadena
Next: Hanoi in my dreams.

2 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can relate. Out of the people I regularly hang with, only two have even been out of the country. When I talk about going somewhere for 2-3 weeks at a time, just immersing myself, I get blank stares and "I can't get off of work" comments. So I usually make notes and add them to my "100 places to visit before I'm 50" file. LOL

Congrats on the Six Apart gig -- reading blogs is choice work. ;)

 
At 4/23/2006 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Mrs. B said...

Well, I'd much rather go to Bali, but I think I could do 2 weeks in Vietnam. Especially for the food. And thanks for ther mention of the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->