JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

12.16.2005

Leaving Las Vegas

OK, I'm headed back to Burbank, CA now and will be buried in guidebook writing till Christmas. I did get to gamble a bit...the other night we took our Seattle friends to the Silverton and bowled in an airstream, and played Pai Gow. Last night I had a mini meltdown because I just couldn't do everything I wanted to and am overwhelmed with the fact that all the work starts now. All that energy expended and I haven't really even started yet. It's mind boggling.

To make it better we went to the MGM early for a little attitude adjustment before the review dinner. (Our Avenue Q show had been cancelled). It's a good thing we did. John won $100 at Three Card Poker and I, in a random bit of spontaneity, played a $1 Megamillions slot machine. (I hardly ever play slots). So, I put in $20, maxed the betting at $3 per pull, and pulled, not pushed (the button). I was up and down a few bucks every few hands and then I hit something and the credits kept coming. At that point, I didn't know if the pay out was in $1s or quarters. When it stopped cling-clinging and the paper payout slip came out, it read $611.00. I thought John was over a few sections at his video poker machine so I ran over there. But he wasn't there. I was spinning in a circle looking for him and even yelled-JOHN! Nothing. Then I called his phone, but it went straight to voicemail so I hung up. Then I kept looking and found him laughing at me. Apparently I had ran right past him, nearly knocking him over, so he just watched me. Jerk. He said the look on my face was priceless when I got the slip, and he thought I had won $100.

Anyway, I needed it. This place is a cash suck.

Back to work.

Current: Vegas
Later this afternoon: Burbank, Ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->