JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

1.10.2006

Hard Work Week

In case I haven't mentioned the words "Best Boyfriend Ever" lately, he still is. I'm having one hell of a time with the Vegas guidebook and this morning John asked me to smile for him. I obliged, with something more like a sneer. Then I left for an excercise thing I'm doing that I don't want to talk about right now because it might take six months to lose the 30 lbs I've gained. But, the thing I do want to talk about is that when I returned, I bumped into him downtairs, and he sent me up without him. I asked if he moved my desk into the bedroom as some kind of jail until I finish this guidebook—but no. Sitting on my desk was a dozen red roses. Just beacause I'm having a tough day.

Roses are not the kind of flower I'd buy for myself, but guess what, they're gorgeous. And thinking about it now, I can't remember the last time I've received them. Maybe when I left TT to go to Australia, and those were on the table, and not from a boy.

It has really made a difference. I'm happy at my desk and I'm grinding away like a good little worker bee.

Current: Burbank, CA
Next: No plans yet

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Jen Leo said...

Other times I remember getting roses:

1. In highschool my grandmother gave me three red roses after my highschool boyfriend (that they didn't like) broke up with me.

2. One rose from Dan, my best friend, after some other college boyfriend broke up with me. Or I broke up with him, can't remember.

3. Other roses from Dan that I got in high school, can't remember why, maybe it was after I crashed our car trying to sneak out and go visit him in the middle of the night.

4. From my college boyfriend Fred, one each for the 10 days or so he was going to be gone on a trip.

5. A dozen from Fred for Valentine's Day when we were living together in Lake Tahoe and working at a ski resort. It was days before a breakup in which I broke his heart, and then poured salt in the wounds by leaving the roses behind after I moved out. Which was totally acciendental and I felt awful about it.

Ugh. ok, on that note...roses are great.

 
At 1/16/2006 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Tea said...

Jeeze, I can't believe you remember the roses from your goodbye to TT party! Do you remember how I cut them short, so we could see over them to talk across the table, and you told me I had committed flower sacrilige?

Ah, good times:-)

Glad the BBE is still BBEing. Am I ever going to get to meet the guy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->