JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

1.23.2006

Going to the European Poker Tour French Open!

Not long after John was airing his bad run of poker, and thus the absence of updates on his blog, the luck mistress of poker noticed him over here in the depths of Burbank. He had an absolutely great poker weekend winning a high level SNG on Party, getting into a qualifier for the EPT to Deauville on Sunday, taking 2nd in a $100 tourney on Ultimate Bet, and then WINNING A SEAT INTO THE FRENCH OPEN!

As you know, we were already headed over to Lithuania, but John had high hopes of combining this with a return trip to Deauville, France. (He played there in last year's French Open and bubbled). He hasn't had much time to play, and when he has, luck was nowhere to be found. But for whatever reasons, everything rolled his way this weekend. I was out working yesterday and he sent me some two outer story, so I thought he was out. But not so...by the time I was coming home he was adding to my to-do list—book Eurorail tickets to Deauville!

So, my fabulous poker scenester life continues, and this will add some legitimized flavor to my Girlfriend's Guide to Dating a Poker Player, which I will be working on in Vilnius. Ok, now, that's enough for now. I have to rush this news off to my fave boys over at Gutshot Poker to let them know I'm headed their way!

We will be staying at the Hôtel Normandy Feb 7-11. If he busts out early we'll get to do some side traveling, maybe spend a night in Paris, and then head back over to Amsterdam for V-Day. Last night we went out to dinner for a little celebrations Mexican style, and John said I seemed somewhere else. I guess you could say I was still in shock, like when he landed the trip to London. Or maybe, I was already there.

Current: Burbank, CA
Next: Vilnius, Lithuania (Jan 28- Feb 6)
Pitstop: Amsterdam (Feb 6)
After that: Deauville, France (Feb 7-11)
After that: ?? Amsterdam (Feb 13-15)

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Good for John. All sounds like a wonderful time. Thank you so much for taking the time to have dinner with us on Thursday. It was good to see you both. I hope that John's friend is recovering nicely and has no more scary medical emergencies.
having a great time on the cruise - but internet is spotty so I am forced to be somewhat incommunicado,. Oh well....all for the best.
-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->