JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

6.09.2006

Getting Back to Writing!

I'm so excited. Last night and this morning I started writing another chapter of the Girlfriend's Guide to Dating a Poker Player. Hello, I need a much snarkier title. Feel free to offer suggestions!

A few weeks ago, I started a writers group in LA. Three women. Two of us working on books, one working on travel magazines and newspapers. Luckily they don't mind that all my stuff will be about the pokah - but man, writers groups are GREAT! They get your butt in gear like there's no tomorrow. And right now we're meeting weekly.

At the beginning of the year I had an agent interested in this book. We'll see if she still is. If not, I'll start pimping it to other agents. But I need to finish the book proposal and two sample chapters. Knowing that I'm meeting with my group this weekend, I started cranking on a chapter so I'd have something to contribute. Next thing I knew, I had seven pages. A plenty good start. Wouldn't it be awesome if I had the proposal done by the end of June, or even by July 4th? I don't want to get my hopes up. But this writers group really helps.

As if that wasn't enough good news, I have a new writer working with me on Written Road, Terah Shelton. One of the WR fans already got a job because of one of Terah's posts this week. How great is that?! Earlier this year I had half a dozen or so writers wanting to contribute to WR, but I never made time to organize them. So, with Terahs introduction officially up on the site, I reached out to the others to see if they were still interested. Yep! Lucky me. So, now I'll have two more writers working on WR by next month.

That's great news because I just haven't had the time/staffpower to turn it into the resource and community that it can be, and this will really help.

So, what a great start to a Friday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Current:
Pasadena, CA
Next: Las Vegas, CA (June 23-Aug 11)

3 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Jen Leo said...

Three new writers for WR, four if you count Terah, have responded favorably. How great is that?!!

 
At 6/09/2006 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Lubna said...

Wow Jen. You too, have a great weekend.

 
At 6/09/2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

Poker Hearts: A Woman's Guide to Dating a Poker Player

Poker Hearts: Guide to Dating a Poker Guy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->