JenLeoLIVE!

A portal for all Jen Leo news and blog action. Where is she? All over the place!

Google
 
Web JenLeoLIVE!

5.09.2006

I Passed up a Trip to Vegas?!

Shocking, but true.

John left for Vegas this morning for biz. I could've gone and sampled the rooms at the Rio, but decided to stay home. I had a tough day yesterday and didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. There was no way I could give up 8 prime hours of driving time today and tomorrow. Two books are about to come out, and it's been quite busy these past few weeks. Things should settle down by this weekend. I'll cross my fingers.

So, today is a quiet power crunch day. The one I didn't have yesterday.

Meanwhile, I'm encountering more and more authors who are not satisfied with their publishers/publicists. I started doing some book PR consulting via Creative Storefront, and work has been coming in. Without any advertising! Once I get through my own books, then I can actively try and get some work going, but for now, the one or two clients is fine.

On Sunday I went to a baby shower for pretty much my first friend (as far back as I can remember). We were best friends from 1st-9th grade. It was interesting. For a second I was warmed to the idea of having kids (John claims it was because of all the presents she got), but a visit to another good friend afterwards, where I played a tiny bit with her two toddlers, again had me wondering....how?! How will I ever? I must, but how on earth will it happen? In all Leo fashion, I want to do things big. I don't want one, I want three. Still. Even if I'm getting old, more set in my ways, continuously more self involved, and like never before, so in love with my ever-evolving career.

It'll be interesting to see when all that lines up for me. Timing. Life path stuff.

Oatmeal calls....

Current: Pasadena, CA
Next: San Diego, CA (for mother's day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<-- End content -->
<-- End wrapper -->